jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uploading files in jmeter
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:32:39 GMT
On 26/06/2008, Kristof Jozsa <dyn@ond.vein.hu> wrote:
> sebb wrote:

> > > frequently and

> it?

> > >  I have a similar requirement: I need to download a file in a test step,
> and
> > > then a few steps later upload the very same file I downloaded.. any
> hints
> > > how to do that?
> > >

> > Use the Proxy Recorder to record a browser session in which you
> > download the file and then upload it.
> >

>  I wish it was that easy :)

It is that easy, except you want more ... ;-)

>  I customized a recorded session to alter input parameters using a CSV
> config set. Therefore, every time the test executes, I download a different
> file, and in each test I should upload the very same file downloaded.
>
>  I plan to run the test with around 100 concurrent users, so that means 100
> different files down- and then uploaded, but as I saw JMeter generates those
> filenames.. Is it possible to use a beanshell postprocessor to save the
> generated filename to a variable?

The filename is stored in the SampleResult, and can be obtained as follows:

sampleResult.getResultFileName()

So you can add a BeanShell Listener with the script:

vars.put("FILENAME",sampleResult.getResultFileName());

Note that the Save Response element is actually processed as a
Listener, not a Post Processor, so you must use a Listener to extract
the value. [This is very confusing, so it needs to be fixed...]

>  Maybe some other solution available for the problem?

It might make sense to add an option to the Save Response element to
save the file name in a variable.