jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rodriguez <ivan.rodrig...@cybercomgroup.com>
Subject RE: Reading from a file
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 06:14:19 GMT
I don't understand, do you have a file with complete urls? Or just paths?

If you have a file with a set of urls like :

http://www.google.com
http://www.altavista.com
http://www.anotherSite.com

then you edit your "CSV Data Set Config" so that the field "Variable names" contains the word
"URL".
Then the request you posted should work.

I don't see the need for the "User Defined Variables"-component.
-----Original Message-----
From: Purdy, Ron [mailto:rpurdy@globalspec.com]
Sent: den 6 maj 2008 17:13
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Reading from a file

Review
   I have a file (csv) of URL values
   I want jmeter to visit each entry in the file

  Thread Group
    CSV Data Set Config
    User Defined Variables
    HTTP Request
    Positive Assertion
    Assertion Results

I am hung up in the User Defined Variables and HTTP Request sections.

User Defined Variables
   I have simply used     Name:   URL     Value: ${URL}

HTTP Request
    Protocol (default http):   ${URL}     Method: Get
 Path    I left this blank because the value should come from my file.

When I look at the jmeter.log  I see the name of my file listed
    INFO  - jmeter.services.FileServer: Stored:
industrial_directory_urls_test.csv
but then the thread dies
    INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Stop Thread seen:
org.apache.jorphan.util.JMeterStopThreadException: End of file detected

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong?