jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Giroux" <mlgir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do you read and use values from a file?
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 19:51:21 GMT
I just ran another test and discovered that the variable defined by
the RegEx Extractor is only visible within the thread group that
crated it.

As I explained, I execute a transaction to echo the value of the
variable to confirm that the value has been extracted correctly.  This
echo correctly displays the variable when executed in the same
threadgroup that contains the RegEx Extractor.  However, when I copy
that HTTP Request element to a subsequent thread group, the variable
is not expanded.

Is there some way to make this definition global to the entire test plan?