jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: __setProperty does not trim property name
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 21:49:36 GMT
2008/5/7 Michael Giroux <mlgiroux@gmail.com>:
> I used __setProperty and included some spaces for readability.
>
>  ex.  __setProperty(  name,  ${varName}   )
>
>  Later in the test when I referenced __P(name)  I got a value of '1' as
>  if the property was not defined.

Because you defined a different property...

>  This seems like a bug in the parser to me.

It's not a bug.

The documentation may not make clear that all spaces are significant,
but equally it does not say that leading and trailing spaces are
ignored.

>  Is there a reason that the parser did not trim the name parameter?

The parser does not trim any spaces.
It does not know which parameters might need leading and trailing
spaces, and which parameters could be trimmed.

So it would have to trim all parameters, which might break some test plans.