jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: submitting forms with default values
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 10:32:01 GMT
2008/5/7 John Pulles <john.pulles@geodan.nl>:
> Hi list,
>
>  I want to use JMeter to submit a form with has the default values already
> filled in; in this case it should be sufficient to press the 'submit'
> button, but I don't know what the JMeter equivalent of that action is.
>  What I can think of is a difficult way:
>
>  - a http request sampler to GET request the form
>  - regular expression extractor to extract the values of the form fields
>  - a http request sampler to POST the form with the extracted values

The GET and POST are both required; it's what the browser would have to do.
The browser would also do the equivalent of  extracting the values.

JMeter does not support automatic form filling, so either you will
have to use a regex, or you can use the JMeter proxy to record a
browser doing the work.
This will create the necessary parameters in the POST request, and
will work fine as long as the values and names don't change.
If the values or names change regularly, then you will need to use the
regex method.
[I believe some servers generate variable names for parameters,
perhaps to hinder automated access]