jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Set Classpath for Ant task
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 02:07:39 GMT
2008/4/25 Tim Kaltenbrunner <tim.kaltenbrunner@qnamic.com>:

>  To set the user.classpath works fine as long as my tests are in a jar file in
>  lib/junit.

No need to set user.classpath if the jar is in lib/junit (or lib)

> But I wrote an extension which should be able to load junit test
>  cases from a specified directory ( In our application we have a very big
>  workspace and it is very time consuming to jar this every time we want to
>  run a performance tests).
>  The problem (as far as I can tell) is that the classes in JMeter are loaded
>  dynamically via class loader and therefore the class path needs to be set
>  before JMeter is started (by the ant task).The user.classpath property is
>  added to the java.class.path flag after JMeter started.

Yes, but that is done at the very start, before the main processing gets going.

> I tried to use my
>  own class loader but it didn't work.

No, it won't; JMeter uses its own classloader.

>  I think it is a very good thing to be able too set the class path of JMeters
>  class loader via ant task. Do you have any idea of how to do it or when it
>  is possible?

It is already possible.

search_paths and user.classpath both work fine for loading additional
jars (or even zip files containing classes).

They also work for classfile directories - however, I've just
discovered that the examples in the properties file are wrong ;-)

In order to use a classfile directory, it seems one must use a
trailing /, for example search_paths=/app1/lib/ NOT
search_paths=/app1/lib as shown in jmeter.properties.

There is another problem which is that the JUnit GUI only looks for
jars in the lib/junit directory.
So at present to create the test plan the jar has to be in the
lib/junit directory.
Once the plan has been created it can be run in non-GUI mode with the
jar or classes defined as above.

Or you can create a test plan using the sample JUnit tests, and edit
the JMX file and change the names to your class names.