jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: complete transaction in jmeter?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:41:30 GMT
On 16/04/2008, Gustavo Gonnet <gusgonnet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  let's say I have a transaction composed of HTTP message A and B
>  I have a threadGroup with 2 HTTP Request HTTPClients that reflects that
>  transaction.
>  Then I start a load test with 30 threads, that is scheduled to run for 10
>  minutes.
>  At the end of the test, the threads seem to stop where they are, they don't
>  complete the transaction: what it means is that if thread xy sent message A
>  it stops there, but I need it to send as well message B before it stops.
>
>  is there a way to acomplish this "transaction completion" somehow?
>  thanks!!!

The test duration timer currently checks whether to stop the test
after every sample.

I think the only way currently to stop a test at the end of a thread
would be to add an If Controller at the end of the script with the
condition:

${__time()} - ${START} > 10*60*1000

This should have a child sampler consisting of the Test Action:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Test_Action

with Current Thread / Stop selected.

The START variable needs to be set to the test start time. If you are
using non-GUI mode, then you can use START.MS, but that is not
suitable for GUI mode, as the time is currently saved during JMeter
startup - which may be some while before the test starts.

However you can add a START variable to the Test Plan

START     ${__time()}

this will be set up when the test itself starts.