jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference in AB and JMeter Results.
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:17:30 GMT
On 04/04/2008, Jae Joo <jjoo@ecnext.com> wrote:

>  Yes, I have same experience. The average time of AB is always faster than jmeter.
>  AB is very light, but jmeter has it's overhead.

JMeter does have a higher overhead, but that is not the whole picture.
The overheads in JMeter are mainly to do with what happens between requests.

If I remember correctly, AB handles connections differently.

Also, is AB sending the same amount of data as JMeter?

>  Specially, in client/server environment, it is different a lot.
>
>  If you can, run AB and jmeter in the server - no network traffic overhead.
>  The difference between jmeter and ab will be shrink down.

The network overhead will be much the same for AB and JMeter, unless
you are using JMeter in client-server mode.