jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Simon Sadedin <ssade...@badboy.com.au>
Subject Problems with binary characters in parameters
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:18:13 GMT
Hi,

This might be a question for the developers more than anyone else.

I've been supporting the "Export to JMeter" feature in Badboy for some
time now.  One problem that occasionally comes up is that people record
parameters that contain characters that are illegal in XML (eg. binary
chars 0-8, 0x0e - 0x19 are all illegal in XML documents).   When Badboy
saves these files they end up unparseable because the file format (as I
understand it) contains the "raw" parameter values (unencoded) - and in
this case that means they contain illegal XML characters.

I'm curious if anyone has run into this before, and if there's any way
to encode these kind of binary parameters that will work with the JMeter
file format?

Many thanks for any help!

Simon.