jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MonitorHealthVisualizer class comments: add a 3rd tabbed pane for email alerts.
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:02:54 GMT
On 27/03/2008, David Brown <david@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
> Hello Sebb, JMeter committers and developers, I have been reading the Mike Stover JMeter
plugin PDF and as a result I read the comments at the top of the MailHealthVisualizer class:

s/MailHealthVisualizer/MonitorHealthVisualizer/

>  /* In the future, we may want to add email alerts as a third tab. */
>
>  My questions are:
>  * Would such an addition be considered a plugin?

Yes and no. In a sense, almost all of JMeter is plugins. However the
term is normally reserved for brand new functionality, not
enhancements to existing classes.

>  * Has anyone worked on this or planning to work this issue? (I have searched in: https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=jmeter)

No.

>  * I have studied the code to some extent and it appears the content of the MailerVisualizer.java
Listener could be used as a go-by to create a MonitorMailerPanel.java similar to the other
panes: MonitorHealthPanel.java and attach the MonitorMailerPanel pane to the MailerVisualizer.java
along with the other panes?

Probably.

>  * If this would not work are there better places in the source to study to get a better
understanding of what is required to complete the mail alert issue?