jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSV variables for Thread Group
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:24:02 GMT
On 06/03/2008, Tom Fernandes <anyaddress@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I tried using the CSV Data Set Config for the Thread Properties (No. of
>  Threads, Ramp-up Period...). They don't seem to work here.

I think CSV Dataset won't work because config items are only executed
once the test starts, by which time it is too late.

Function calls such as CSVRead and StringFromFile should work, as they
are processed when the field is read.

>  What other options do I have to read the variables from a file at that point?
>  Using files is a lot more handier for me than using the "User defined
>  Variables" at this point as we have multiple scenarios for multiple tests.

JMeter properties can be defined on the command-line or in the
user.properties file.

These are more suitable for this case, where you only need one lot of
data. The functions and CSVDataset are really intended for providing
multiple sets of data during a run.

Check the FAQ on the Wiki.