jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject Re: MonitorHealthVisualizer class comments: add a 3rd tabbed pane for email alerts.
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:52:03 GMT
Hello sebb, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I have put the javamail 1.4
mailapi.jar in the api directory. And, I have changed the value of the javamail.jar property
to: mailapi.jar. Now, when I press the Test Mail button in the MailVisualizer Listener JMeter
does not hang or freeze but I do get an error dialog and an OK button (Error occurred sending
the email smtp). The jmeter.log output is as follows:

ERROR - jmeter.visualizers.MailerVisualizer: Couldn't send mail... javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException:
smtp
	at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:780)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:718)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:661)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:641)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:696)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:186)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:118)

sebb wrote ..
> On 30/03/2008, David Brown <david@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
> > Hello sebb, thanks for the speedy and informative reply.
> >  Before attempting the MonitorHealthVisualizer email alerts pane I decided it
> would be prudent to study the operation of the MailVisualizer Listener.
> >
> >  * Using a Test Plan ThreadGroup known to be running correctly against a known
> installed application I attached a MailVisualizer Listener, filled in the parms
> and pressed the Test Mail button only
> >  to see JMeter hang.
> >  * JMeter log only shows the output from the sendTestMail() method from class:
> MailerModel. There were no exceptions or error conditions logged.
> >  * Are there known bugs at JMeter using the geronimo-javamail.jar?
>
> Never tried using it.
>
> Getting started does say that one needs to download Javamail:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html
>
> >  * I found no reference to JavaMail, email or MailerModel issues in JMeter Bugzilla.
> >  * Further investigation lead me to: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2682
> (the Transport.send() in geronimo-javamail.jar is an unresolved issue).
> >  * As a temporary solution I assigned an instance of SMTPTransport to a Transport
> variable. This works correctly.
> >  * I replaced the geronimo-javamail.jar with mail.jar in the build.properties.
>
> The geronimo jar is only intended for building.
>
> >  * This is not an equitable solution but if I can successfully add the email
> alerts pane to the MonitorHealthVisualizer I will feel more comfortable with adding
> the third pane if it is actually working!
> >  * In this way the email alerts pane may be useful someday whenever the geronimo-javamail.jar
> issues get resolved.
> >
> >  sebb wrote ..
> >
> > > On 27/03/2008, David Brown <david@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
> >  > > Hello Sebb, JMeter committers and developers, I have been reading the
Mike