jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Rogers" <paul.rog...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: grouping requests and getting reuse
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:15:54 GMT
thanks, worked perfectly. Sorry for the double post, Im having some gmail
problems.

I now have another issue, which I expect is just due to my misunderstanding
of jmener.

Im trying to request some images.

The first time through should cause all the images to get downloaded,

On the last image, I  use a reg exp to get the last-modified-date from the
response header, and use this as the value for the If-modified-since request
header on subsequent requests

The intention is that this is what a browser would do - download an image
the first time it encounters it, and then subsequently request the image,
but get back a 304 as the image hasnt changed

my test plan is like this

user defined variable set_initial_modified header - this sets a variable to
a date that will cause the server to send the image
images
   header-manager
   get /image/logo.gif
   get /another/image2.gif

Thread Group
  get /some/page
  get images
  reg-exp extractor to reset the variable to the last-modified-date from the
header
  get /another/page
  get /images

Ive moved the reg-exp around, but it always seems to get executed after the
first  request for logo.gif , rather than after image2.gif, which means all
my images apart from the first one have 304 responses. Do I need to do
something special to ensure it gets executed after the first request to
image2 ?

Many thanks

Paul