jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone know how to add control characters to a TCP Sampler ?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:17:59 GMT
It's not easy currently.

You may be able to edit the characters into the JMX file.

Another workround might be to use a BeanShell Pre-Processor to update
the request data:

sampler.setRequestData(sampler.getRequestData().replaceAll("xxx","yyy"))

Or maybe you can create the data in a file, and read that using CSV
Dataset, StringFromFile function, BeanShell function etc.

On 22/02/2008, Alan Horton <Alan.Horton@reuters.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to send a message from a tcp sampler and I need to include
>  some control characters in it
>  (equivalent to \r\n in Java)
>  Does anyone know how I can do this ?
>
>  Alan Horton
>

>  This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.
>  To find out more about Reuters visit www.about.reuters.com
>
>  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
>  except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Limited.
>
>  Reuters Limited is part of the Reuters Group of companies, of which Reuters Group PLC
is the ultimate parent company.
>  Reuters Group PLC - Registered office address: The Reuters Building, South Colonnade,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom