jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http sampler : truncated response
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:38:04 GMT
I've now also tried using cURL to download the page, and  that has
exactly the same problem.

I use a command of the form:

curl http://etc/etc  -d "name=val&name=val" -o page.txt --no-keepalive
--raw --trace trace.txt

The server (or its application) seems to be broken.

> Just run a test with wire logging. The end of the log is as follows:
>
> << "[0x9][0x9]<div id="N1_filtres" class="sclear">[\n]"
> << "[0x9][0x9]    [0x9]"
> << "[\r]"
> << "[\n]"
> << "0"
> << "[\r]"
> << "[\n]"
> << "[\r]"
> << "[\n]"
> << "[\r][\n]"
>
> This clearly shows a chunk size of 0, which indicates the last chunk.
>
> If you have a look at a page request that works, you'll see that the
> "0" chunk appears after the end of the html - as it should.
>
> As far as I can tell, JMeter and the other clients I used (wget,
> Wireshark) are behaving correctly.
>
> On 05/02/2008, Benj <benjamin.letrou@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ok. There's nothing helpful in httpclient.wire logs.
>
> There is - see above.
>
> > It seems that the problem occurs when response is >= 140ko.
> > Before I could have larger responses because I needed to increase capacity
> > of tree view listener up to 1Mo.
> > Strange.
> > It the same behaviour with or without using an apache httpd in front of the
> > tomcat server.
> > When I call a simple static html file of 300ko on the tomcat server, I've no
> > issue.
> >

> Probably because it does not need to use chunked encoding as it knows
> the size in advance. Or at least the server may well process the file
> differently.

Actually it does still use chunked encoding.