jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http sampler : truncated response
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:26:51 GMT
Just run a test with wire logging. The end of the log is as follows:

<< "[0x9][0x9]<div id="N1_filtres" class="sclear">[\n]"
<< "[0x9][0x9]    [0x9]"
<< "[\r]"
<< "[\n]"
<< "0"
<< "[\r]"
<< "[\n]"
<< "[\r]"
<< "[\n]"
<< "[\r][\n]"

This clearly shows a chunk size of 0, which indicates the last chunk.

If you have a look at a page request that works, you'll see that the
"0" chunk appears after the end of the html - as it should.

As far as I can tell, JMeter and the other clients I used (wget,
Wireshark) are behaving correctly.

On 05/02/2008, Benj <benjamin.letrou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. There's nothing helpful in httpclient.wire logs.

There is - see above.

> It seems that the problem occurs when response is >= 140ko.
> Before I could have larger responses because I needed to increase capacity
> of tree view listener up to 1Mo.
> Strange.
> It the same behaviour with or without using an apache httpd in front of the
> tomcat server.
> When I call a simple static html file of 300ko on the tomcat server, I've no
> issue.

Probably because it does not need to use chunked encoding as it knows
the size in advance. Or at least the server may well process the file
differently.