jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sessions handling using cookie manager
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:15:08 GMT
The Cookie Manager should normally be added at the top level of a test.

Unfortunately there is a bug in 2.3.1: if you set the "clear cookies
each iteration" checkbox, the cookies end up shared between threads,
see:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/CookieManagerBugIn231

On 04/02/2008, Flavio Mendes <flavio.mend@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>   Dear all,
>
>     I am testing an application where I create a folder, update it and remove it. I am
having problems with the "Remove Request". If I add a Cookie Manager like a child of this
Request, the JMeter fails since the second iteration (it doesn´t remove the folder). I think
JMeter tries to remove the folder of the second iteration in the session of the first iteration.

> If I add a Cookie Manager in the begining of JMeter Script (at the same level of "Remove
Request"), I get problems when I execute scenarios with more than one user (I see, in "View
Results Tree", folders of an user or thread in requests of other users). If I disable the
Cookie Manager, I see the Login Page when "Remove request" is sent to the server.

>   So, I want to work with the folders (creating, updating and removing them) in session
separated (one for each user or thread). I don´t know how to use the cookie manager to do
it. Could somebody help me?