jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: telnet to slave @ 1099 OK but Connection refused from jmeter-server
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:57:16 GMT
There are some log entries missing.

What are all the messages containing the string "jmeter.engine." from
the server and client logs please?

On 01/02/2008, David Brown <david@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
> Hello Sebb, thanks for the speedy reply. Your right I do not see a page (bad choice of
terms). But, I do see a very reasonable return for the telnet session connection to the slave:

> david@worktop:~$ telnet 192.168.1.2 1099
> Trying 192.168.1.2...
> Connected to 192.168.1.2.
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
> I do the same thing when trying to <ping> an email server (SMTPd). I feel reasonably
comfortable that I have no firewall or network issues. The 127.0.0.1 loopback is what the
jmeter-server is looking for and even though I have introduced the JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARG as
shown below I still get <Connection refused>.

> I have defined the HOST variable and placed it in jmeter-server.sh:
>
> HOST="-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.1.2"
> java $SERVER $JVM_ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar $HOST -s "$@"
>
> The jmeter-server.log on the slave clearly shows the non-loopback host IP address was
accepted and set the RMI hostname property accordingly. But, once the test starts it reverts
back to the loopback address namely: 127.0.0.1

> Logs:
>
> INFO jmeter.samplers.RemoteListenerWrapper: Test Started on 192.168.1.2
> ERROR jmeter.samplers.RemoteLintenerWrapper: testStarted(host) java.rmi.ConnectException:
connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1

> My question is how does the loopback creep back into the process since JMeter has been
configured to use another IP? Do I need to disable the loopback altogether at interface: lo?