jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Benj <benjamin.let...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http sampler : truncated response
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:32:51 GMT

Ok. There's nothing helpful in httpclient.wire logs.
It seems that the problem occurs when response is >= 140ko.
Before I could have larger responses because I needed to increase capacity
of tree view listener up to 1Mo.
Strange.
It the same behaviour with or without using an apache httpd in front of the
tomcat server.
When I call a simple static html file of 300ko on the tomcat server, I've no
issue.

Any idea ?
--
Bj

Oops, sorry about that. Now I see the problem.

The data is being sent back as

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

which is often used for longer responses.

It looks like there is a problem with interpreting the chunking.

Now the fault applies to the Java and HttpClients (which use different
HTTP implementations), and also to WireShark (0.99.6a) and wget.

It seems very unlikely that all of these different implementations are
wrong, so I suspect that there might be a problem with the server ...

The HttpClient sampler can generate a wire log which should show the
problem (it's rather verbose).

Browsers tend to be much more lenient than some servers deserve...