jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Benj <benjamin.let...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http sampler : truncated response
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:07:04 GMT

Sebb,

Did you try with the host and path I sent to you ?
If you get only 23k of data, you have a problem. The non zipped/deflated
html page weight is about 180-200ko .
Check if you have the html end tag </hml>. If not, there's an issue.
I've also tried the save response post process and the html is also
truncated.
And for functionnal and unitary tests (not perf), I've modified the tree
view listener in order to manage response up to 1Mo.

Regards,

--
Bj

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> Works fine for me in 2.3.1 and current SVN using standard HTTP
> sampler. I get about 23k of data.
>
> Also works with HttpClient, provided that the User-Agent is changed
> from the default.
> [I get connection reset if it is defaulted. It looks like the site is
> specfically denying access to HttpClient]
>
> Might be worth adding a "Save Responses to a File" Post-Processor.
>
> Note that the Tree View listener won't display anything over about
> 200k; instead it will show "Response too large to be displayed".
> However the Save Response P-P does not have this restriction.
>
> S.
> On 05/02/2008, Benj <benjamin.letrou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1) The html page always stops at about 20ko. The full page weight is
>> about
>> 200ko
>> 2) I've activated most logs in DEBUG mode (httpclient, jmeter,...).
>> Nothing
>> interesting was found in them.
>> 3) yes the problem is on a publicly accessible server. Sebb, I've sent
>> you
>> the url and parameters in a private message.
>> 4) Keepalive on/off didn't change anything. Not even any http headers
>> (User-Agent,Content-type,...)
>>

>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> --
>> Bj
>>

>> sebb-2-2 wrote:
>> >
>> > If you are using the HttpClient version, you can set additional
>> > logging - see the comments in  jmeter.properties.
>> >
>> > I don't suppose you are seeing the problem with a publicly accessible
>> > server?
>> >
>> > Have you tried changing Keep-Alive to see if it makes any difference?
>> > (unlikely, but worth a try).

>> and

>> noticing

stop at the same