jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Craig Berry" <Craig.Be...@portblue.com>
Subject Scope of regex match variables?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:52:16 GMT
I have a highly dynamic web application which I need to load test.  My
plan was to have a single-user thread group "explore" the app, using
regex matchers to set variables for various ID values which will be used
as parameters to requests during load testing.  Then the load test, in a
different thread group with multiple users, would run, using the match
result variables from the first thread group to build request strings.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like variables set in the first thread
group are visible in the second thread group, which prevents this plan
from working.

Is there a way to make match results globally visible?  Or is there a
better way to achieve my goal?

--
Craig Berry
Principal Architect, PortBlue Corporation