jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Craig Berry" <Craig.Be...@portblue.com>
Subject Sync or latch point in sequence?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:57:02 GMT
I'm relatively new to JMeter, and looking for a feature which I'm sure
is there, but which I can't find in the docs so far.

In the course of having a thread group run a series of steps, I'd like
to make sure all threads of the group complete a particular step before
they all begin the next.  The particular case is a login process; I
don't want to time the logins, but rather what happens in the step
following login, but because each thread completes login and goes
immediately to the next step, there's no crisp beginning point for the
step I want to measure.  If I could make all the threads log in and wait
for the stragglers before proceeding, that would solve my problem.  This
is often called a "sync point" or "latch" in threading discussions.

So...how do I express this in JMeter-ese?

--
Craig Berry
Principal Architect, PortBlue Corporation