jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Eldho John" <eld...@aztecsoft.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter login help
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:05:14 GMT

You can add an http sampler (after the first sampler) for the login page
and uncheck the 'follow redirect checkbox' in the first sampler.

-----Original Message-----
From: Psarras, Ioannis [mailto:Ioannis.Psarras@gs.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:15 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Jmeter login help

Hi all,

I just started using jmeter yesterday to set up a test plan for some
local apps. What I find difficult is how am I going to get around the
login authentication.

What happens is that when a web page is accessed the user is redirected
to the login page (the url is created dynamically). I can see that
jmeter sees the redirect and accessed this page as a result, but how can
I make it submit the form with a given login/password.

I have also tried analyzing the login page where I ended up to an https
authentication script. I have tried accessing just the authentication
script with user/pass as POST variables but I get back the following
response message Non HTTP response code: javax.net.ssl.SSLException
(with response message: Non HTTP response message: Unrecognized SSL
message, plaintext connection? - but I am sure its SSL).

Any ideas on these issues?

Thanks,
Yannis

This email message and its attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). If you have received it in error, please contact
the sender by return email, notify your system manager and destroy the original message and
any copies thereof. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution is unlawful. Please check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Company accepts no  liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. The views or opinions presented
in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company.
The Company reserves the right to monitor, review and store the content of all messages sent
to or from this e-mail address.

www.aztecsoft.com