jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Kudrenko <dmi...@ardas.dp.ua>
Subject Re[4]: JMeter goes Out of Memory
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:10:28 GMT
>> We are using JMeter 2.3.0 and java 1.5. We are not using any assertions
>> or pre or post processors.
>>
>> Also we are not using the SOAP request sampler. It did not matched with
>> our performance testing requirement, so we have customized the Java
>> request sampler to invoke web service request.

s> Are you sure that is not the cause of the problem?
I am with sebb. Check the following scenarios:
* Try to start plan with 1,2,3,4 threads and to measure how memory usage
is changed.
* Try to test your JMeter with disabled JavaRequest/or replace it with
test.JavaRequest.
* Try to start your JavaRequest sampler outside JMeter and observe
memory usage.

I think your JavaRequest is a reason of OutOfMemory error.

Can you give me an answer to the following question:
What kind of memory JMeter exceeded (Heap Memory, PermGen space)?
Maybe you can find this information at the console or jmeter.log.

s> JMeter can normally handle many more than 4 threads.

s> For example on my 1GB system I'm currently running a 200 thread Java
s> Request test which is generating over 2000 samples/second. Admittedly
s> the is no IO involved. A test using the HTTP sampler against a local
s> Tomcat shows similar capablilities (200 threads, over 2000
s> samples/second) on the same system.

--
Regards,
Dmitry Kudrenko