jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kit-2 <dave.kittre...@cusys.edu>
Subject Calling JMeter from a Portlet App
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:48:59 GMT

Hello,

I am new to JMeter, and apologize if this has already been covered (I must
have missed it).  I am creating a JSR-168 Portlet to test System
Availability on several PeopleSoft environments and other applications.  My
initial thought was to use JMeter to log into each application, check for an
assertion, and log out - one iteration only.  If successful, then show the
system status as UP, otherwise DOWN.  I created my tests, and can run them
from both JMeter’s GUI, and the command line.

 I have been looking at the documentation and cannot determine how I should
use JMeter from my Portlet.  I am unclear if I should extend the
AbstractJavaSamplerClient, or use the new TestBean Framework, or simply run
a shell script to execute JMeter from the portlet.  Or, if I completely
missed the bus, and there is a better alternative to any of the
aforementioned solutions (or something other than JMeter that would suit my
needs).

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!