jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary Report - Throughput Question
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:47:20 GMT
On 06/12/2007, Joshua Auerbach <josh@dealer.com> wrote:
> All I see related to this on that page is "*Throughput * is calculated
> as requests/unit of time. The time is calculated from the start of the
> first sample to the end of the last sample. This includes any intervals
> between samples."
>
> What I don't understand is why the throughput would be drastically
> different between 4 threads spread over 2 machines vs 4 threads on a
> single machine  (and moreover data that doesn't make sense whenever I
> have > 1 machine)

Are you sure that both server machines can generate the same load on their own?

It would be worth checking.

Also, try running the tests using non-GUI mode and then combining the
throughput calculations.

I think it's unlikely that using 2 remote servers instead of 1, but
with the same load would cause problems for client-server mode,
however it's worth checking.