jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sonam Chauhan" <sonam.chau...@ce.com.au>
Subject RE: 'Spread' for distributed testing
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:43:44 GMT
Sebb:

> It's mainly a problem because of the data volumes that are required. I
> don't see how changing the transport mechanism can change that.

I thought Spread had bandwidth throttling features so that logs entries
could queue up and stream in a bandwidth limited manner to the end
destination - however Spread may not have these features. A workaround
would be to setup virtual network interfaces limited to, say, 10 Mbps
and have the Spread components bind to those interfaces, but that may be
too much work. In any case, I've asked the question on the Spread user
list.

> > Is it possible to prototype this idea using a BeanShell listener?
>

> I think it would be difficult.
>
> Listeners are handled specially in client-server mode.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--