jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Joseph Ribin Roy" <jose...@aztecsoft.com>
Subject RE: Proportioning of Request
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:58:44 GMT

Hi Sebb

This is my function.
I checked the values comming out for the switch it would be 0, 1, 2 . and i tried placing
3 request in simple controller also and also putting bean shell function inside __log(). but
the order of sending request is not correct

${__BeanShell(if(${__Random(0,10,rand)} < 6){return 0;}else if(${rand} < 9){return 1;}else{return
2;},switchVar)})

i am attaching you the logic script. am i missing something

Joseph

________________________________

From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 11/22/2007 4:50 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Proportioning of Request

On 22/11/2007, Joseph Ribin Roy <josephr@aztecsoft.com> wrote:

> hi sebb
>
>     I have written a bean shell script which would return me 0,1,2 from the random generation.
but the switch is not working fine. Its not sending request in expected order. I had read
the issue in users mailing list. is it a bug

Are you sure that the script is returning the correct values?
Add a Java Request sampler to check it, or enclose the function call in __log().

e.g. ${__log(${__beanShell(function code)})}

The Switch Controller should look like:

Switch Controller
+ Sampler 0
+ Sampler 1
+ Sampler 2

or you could use Simple Controller parents:

Switch Controller
+ Simple Controller
+ + Sampler 0
+ Simple Controller
+ + Sampler 1
+ Simple Controller
+ + Sampler 2

> so i thought of trying through put controller. i am not still clear how can i proportionate
using Throughput controller. can you through some light on this.

Just use a TC with the appropriate percentage as the parent of each sampler:

TC 1 (50%)
+ sampler 1
TC 2 (30%)
+ sampler 2

etc.

> ________________________________

controller can do it. Putting it in different Thread group will help in doing it [spliting
the user proportion]. But I ll have to rewrite other requests in all thread groups. Can any
one through some light on this.

> > Thanks
> > Joseph
> >

> > The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential
information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you
should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system
and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents
to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this
e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for
any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.