jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "DELHOSTE Fabrice" <Fabrice.DELHO...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: Asynchronous samplers
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:27:40 GMT
Thanks for your answer.

> If there is always a response, why not send the request, and then wait
for the response?

Unfortunately, that would limit my concurrent number of requests to the
number of sampling threads. And I want much more.
Ex: what if I want to simulate 200 concurrent requests made by 3 client
threads?

That's why I'm thinking about to make my request sampler not waiting for
response, returning a SampleResult related to the sending of request.
At the same time, I can build another SampleResult related to the
response that I just start in this sampler.
Then, a new "response" sampler could just wait for responses and ending
the SampleResult initiated in the request sample, for instance, by
sharing a Map of SampleResult as a variable between them.

I've actually seen this kind of discussion in the history of the
mailing-list but there has been no follow-up...

Fabrice