jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sonam Chauhan" <sonam.chau...@ce.com.au>
Subject JDBC NoAvailableConnectionException Problem
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:18:13 GMT
Hello JMeter Users:

I have a 'heavy' test that uses the 'JDBC Sampler' - it executes about
4000 JDBC requests in 600 seconds. However, it throws
NoAvailableConnectionException errors. Here is a sample log entry:

-------------------

<sampleResult timeStamp="1189567551455" dataType="" threadName="Surge
Test Thread Group 2-2041" label="Insert a pick ticket ..." time="10001"
responseMessage="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoAvailableConne
ctionException: Could not create enough Components to service your
request (Timed out)." responseCode="" success="false"><assertionResult
failureMessage="Response was null" error="false"
failure="true"/></sampleResult>

-------------------

The top of the test plan has a 'JDBC Connection Configuration' element
with these settings.

Max. Number of connections = 10

Pool timeout = 10000 (I assume this caused the error abobe)

Idle Cleanup Interval (ms) = 60000

These and all the other settings for this config element are the default
values

Can anyone advise me how I can address this error?

Each of my test thread 'sleeps' for about 6 minutes to allow
transactions to propagate from source to destination systems -would
impact Idle Cleanup Interval?

Would I increase the max number of number of connections & timeout, and
decrease idle cleanup interval?

Kind regards,

Sonam Chauhan

--