jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError with stacktrace.
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:11:44 GMT
On 28/09/2007, Sonam Chauhan <sonam.chauhan@ce.com.au> wrote:
> Hello -
>

> I'm currently running JMeter 2.1.1 with Sun JVM 1.6 on RHEL ES 4 Linux
> on VMWare ESX server, and am struggling with out of memory errors
> running JMeter.

Might be a garbage collection issue?

Perhaps you could enable GC tracing on the JVMs, and compare the two systems.

> The same tests running on a Windows XP box (Sun JVM 1.5) don't throw out
> of memory errors.

What about JVM 1.6 on XP?

> Here's 'top' output of the process :
>
>  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
>

> 24733 metatest  25   0  977m 150m 6320 S 99.2  4.0  16:20.65 java
>

> Normally I get errors with no stacktrace:

> However, upping the JVM max. heap memory to 1.5 GB, gave of memory error
> with a stacktrace (see end of email). Is this significant or useful?

I don't think so.

It just shows that the JVM ran out of memory trying to log a message.

This was just "the straw that broke the camel's back", The rest of the
straw was loaded previously by other parts of the test.