jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording Test Jmeter proxy problem
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:38:49 GMT
On 27/09/2007, Modha Khammammettu <MKhammammettu@calcas.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to record test case using Jmeter Proxy as described in
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pd

Which version of JMeter?

> I am having 2 issues:
>
> Issue1:
>
> I follow the sequence below to start recording.
> 1. click on "Start" button ( Workbench -> HTTP Proxy Server -> Start)
> 2. Open browser ( I have already made LAN Settings port: 9090)

Which browser?

> 3. Start my application.
>
> I was trying to see if the recording start and I start seeing nodes
> under ThreadGroup. Nothing shows up.

That will happen if the browser is not using the proxy.
Try stopping the proxy and if the browser still works (with new pages)
then it's not using the proxy.

I've had just that problem recently with IE7; it seems to use the
proxy for external sites, but not for localhost (and no, localhost was
not in the exceptions list).

> I close browser and restart, close Jmeter and reopen the saved test (
> click on start button to record), some times the nodes get added (
> records tests) and sometimes does not.
>
> Can you please tell me what could be the reason.
>
> Issue2:
>
> In exclude patter I put *\.gif
> But I still see the nodes with .gif getting recorded.
> I see nodes like /xx/resources/images/xx.gif
> Is there a problem with the exclude pattern I am putting in.

Yes.

See page 2 of the PDF you mentioned ...