jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setup Issue Jmeter
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:54:38 GMT
Problem was found to be due to an old version of Java (1.3.1) on the path.

java.awt.HeadlessException was introduced in 1.4, hence the error
message.

JMeter requires 1.4 or later.

S.
On 05/09/07, Stein, Mark <mark.stein@bearingpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi.  Thanks for responding.  I have listed the results.  I did actually install new latest
java jre from the sun site yesterday.

> D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin>set java
> Environment variable java not defined
>
> D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin>set path
> Path=D:\Kenan API1\Tuxedo8\BIN;D:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1
> .3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WIN
> NT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Bitvise Tunnelier;.;D:\Kenan API1\Tuxedo8\BIN;
> D:\Sun\SDK\bin
> PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
>
> D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin>java-version
> 'java-version' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

Jmeter for the first time and receive the following error.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

> > Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> > (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
> >
> > D:\Documents and Settings\mark.stein>cd D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin
> >
> > D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin>jmeter
> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jav
> > a/awt/HeadlessException
> >        at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.initializeProperties(JMeter.java:456)
> >        at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.start(JMeter.java:253)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main(NewDriver.java:183)
> > JMeter home directory was detected as: D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3
> >
> > D:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin>
> > The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.