jmeter-user mailing list archives

From CharekC <cha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBM JRE/JDK with Jmeter and SSL
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:38:16 GMT

>> What was the change you needed to make?

IBM's JRE/JDK has different gc arguments so we need rem out the default ones
in jmeter.bat to startup

rem See the unix startup file for the rationale of the following parameters,
rem including some tuning recommendations
set HEAP=-Xms256m -Xmx256m
rem set NEW=-XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m
rem set SURVIVOR=-XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=50%
rem set TENURING=-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2
rem set EVACUATION=-XX:MaxLiveObjectEvacuationRatio=20%
rem set RMIGC=-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000
rem set PERM=-XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=64m
rem set DEBUG=-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution

>> I thought that was a feature of the SSL implementation?
>> I'm not aware that JMeter has any restriction in this regard.
>> However, it might be worth changing the JMeter property:
>>    https.default.protocol
>> which defaults to TLS - does this preclude SSLv3 ?

Yes this works, in user.properties I added
https.default.protocol=SSLv3

Now all my v2 and v3 SSL server requests are processed.
Thanks!