jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christiaan Lamprecht" <christiaanw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: SSL renegotiation
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:52:48 GMT
> JMeter does not do any SSL, other than configuring the connection, so
> any renegotiation is done by the SSL provider, i.e. by default JSSE in
> Java 1.4.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like good news.

> > There are a few things which can affect how JMeter responds to this:
> > * Does the simulated JMeter client wait for a reply? and will it
> > respond to a renegotiation request instead?
> > * Is there any SSL state shared between the clients/threads/etc...
> > during the simulation
> > * If renegotiation occurs, will JMeter incorporate the renegotiation
> > time into the response time for that request?

FYI, anyone who's interested:
* I think it's safe to assume the simulated client waits for a reply.
* Seems then that the SSL state will also not be shared; see paragraph
2 under 4.1 http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/test_plan.html
* Guess I'll have to wait and see

Will try to update this when I'm done if anyone's interested

Thanks again
Christiaan