jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Lenin Basheer <Len...@ibsplc.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter to stimulate Failover mechanism
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:32:42 GMT
Sebb,

the issue was with the jmeter version that i was trying.
I swithed back to jmeter 2.2 and the issue was resolved.

However as part of the test plan I try to reset teh property with a bean
shell assertion script.
However the setprop("property","XXXX");  throws a
"org.apache.jorphan.util.JMeterException: Error invoking bsh method eval"
exception.

I have downloaded the latest the bsh file into the lib folder.

any thing else that i need to do ??

thanks,
Lenin

Sebb,

I went through the document. But I am not able to set the properties while
starting up ..
i tried to set them as -Jproperty= value against the
%JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS% tag in jmeter.bat . However its not being reflected
as _P(property) returns a 1 again.

I am running the tests in GUI mode. please help.

thanks,
Lenin

On 10/08/07, Lenin Basheer <LeninB@ibsplc.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sebb. That worked. I use the ${__P(property1,n7043)} as though a
variable now.
> However ${__P(property1)} returns a 1 . Is this the expected behaviour
??

Yes - if the property "property1" is not defined, then the __P()
function returns 1, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__P

> If so , will a setproperty() work if i intend to change the "property1"
some time later in the test plan ??

The only way to change a property is to use the __setProperty() function:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__setProperty

> sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
>
> 08/09/2007 05:03 PM
>
> Please respond to
> "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>

> To"JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> cc
>
> SubjectRe: Jmeter to stimulate Failover mechanism
>

> Properties are not the same as variables, i.e. you cannot use
> ${property}, you need to use ${__P(property)}.
>
> On 08/08/07, Lenin Basheer <LeninB@ibsplc.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was able to proceed a bit further in stimulating a fail over
mechanism.
> > For this , I set the server ip and port as two separate properties
using the
> > _P() method.
> > And i intend to reset the properties as part of a bean shell script
with the
> > help of a bean shell assertion.
> >
> > however i am not able to use the property variables (serverip and port
) as
> > standard Jmeter variables, ${serverip} and ${serverport} else where in
the
> > test plan
> > I initialize the property as part of the user defined variables in the
Test