jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "James Hill" <everywhere...@gmail.com>
Subject Simulating a burst of requests
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:35:10 GMT
I think I've seen something like this before, but couldn't track it
down, so here goes...

I'd like to be able to simulate a sudden spike or burst of requests
against the webserver I'm load testing. At the moment I have two
machines doing it, so midway through a run I'll hit the server from
another machine with a seperate instance of jmeter running on it. Is
there a more elegant way of doing this i.e. after 1000 samples the
load spikes to 100 threads looped 5 times with a very short ramp up,
before returning to "normal" load levels?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
James.