jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Indraneel Chowdhury <indraneel_chowdh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Constant Number of Threads in a Stress Test
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:57:22 GMT
Hi,

I want to stress test a web-application. I am running the test in a loop for about an hour.
The test is such that each virtual user logs in, goes to a particular page, etc etc. and then
logs out.
However since more and more virtual users log in as I’m running the test on a loop, there
is a tremendous build up of virtual users that are sending requests. This is undesirable.
I have tried using a sync timer before the “logout” request. However if one of the threads
fail in the middle, the sync timer keeps on waiting for it and the test completes with only
one loop.
I want to control the number of threads (not at runtime, in my test plan logic) such that
there are always a fixed number of virtual users who are sending requests to the server. Even
if I can control it to the point where I know that at any point of time, the number of virtual
users who are sending requests to the server are between X and Y, I’m done. Is this somehow
possible in JMeter? Would using a Constant Throughput Timer help in any way?

Thanks
Indraneel

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC