jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "David Schulberg" <David.Schulb...@objectconsulting.com.au>
Subject RE: Mail Visualizer
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:34:59 GMT
Hi,

I have checked out using a Beanshell Assertion. With it I can check the Response Data and
if the response is not OK I can set 'Failure = true' but that does nothing for my Mail Visualiser.

So what do you mean by saying I can 'mark the response as failed'?

Regards,
David Schulberg

Object Consulting | Senior Consultant
email: david.schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au
consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference

________________________________

From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 22/08/2007 3:45 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Mail Visualizer

As for HTTP Requests - which may return status 200 but report an error
in the document - you can use an Assertion to check the response and
have it mark the response as failed if the content is not to your
liking.

On 21/08/07, David Schulberg <David.Schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have verified that the Mail Visualiser triggers an email when associated with a Java
Request when the Status field in the sampler is set <> OK. I am using Web Service requests
and there is no apparent equivalent of the Status field for these requests. So can the Mail
Visualiser work with Web Service requests?

> Regards,
> David Schulberg
>
> Object Consulting | Senior Consultant
> email: david.schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au
> consulting | development | training | support
> our experience makes the difference

response codes so I can't use a Mailer Visualizer to trigger emails based on 'failed' response
assertions. Any suggestions on how to send email notifications if assertions fail? It appears
to me that I probably need something like a BeanShell listener.

Visualizer would send an email because it is set to respond when Failures=1 but it doesn't.