jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "David Schulberg" <David.Schulb...@objectconsulting.com.au>
Subject RE: Mail Visualizer
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 03:36:16 GMT
Hi Sebb,

No sign of anything in the JMeter log.
Where should I be able to see status change?

David Schulberg

Object Consulting | Senior Consultant
switch: + 61 3 8615 4500 fax: +61 3 8615 4501
mobile: 0402 006 291
email: david.schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au
consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference

________________________________

From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 10/08/2007 7:30 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Mail Visualizer

I've looked at the code (and run a test) and found that although the
Mailer Visualiser only looks at the SampleResult status, this is
actually changed when the assertions are run, so it should work OK.

Have you checked the jmeter log file for errors?

> Yes, the Mailer Visualiser only seems to look at the SampleResult
> status, not the AssertionResult or Sample class used by the Listeners.
>
> This needs looking into further... not sure if there is a work-round at present.
>
> Perhaps you could file a bug report for this?
>
> On 03/08/07, David Schulberg <David.Schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > OK it would appear that failures are classified only in terms of HTTP response codes
so I can't use a Mailer Visualizer to trigger emails based on 'failed' response assertions.
Any suggestions on how to send email notifications if assertions fail? It appears to me that
I probably need something like a BeanShell listener.

> > David Schulberg
> >
> > Object Consulting | Senior Consultant
> > email: david.schulberg@objectconsulting.com.au
> > consulting | development | training | support
> > our experience makes the difference
> >
> > ________________________________

would send an email because it is set to respond when Failures=1 but it doesn't.

> > I have
> > o - Request
> > |   - Response Assertion
> > |   - Assertion Results
> > --Mail Visualizer
> >
> > It won't work if I have my Mail Visualizer tailed off my Assertion Results either.
> >
> > Can I have my Mail Visualizer tailed off multiple requests?
> > Can I use variables in the Failure Subject field to report which particular request(s)
have failed?