jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Carlson" <jon_carl...@writeme.com>
Subject PUT and DELETE (REST web service load testing)
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:36:35 GMT
Hi, I'm a fan of JMeter and have been on this mailing list several times
over maybe 10 years.  I am in the process of building a REST interface for a
non-profit organization and I'd love to use JMeter to load-test it.
However, it looks like the UI only shows GET and POST for HTTP methods.

Would it be very hard to add PUT and DELETE?  The REST architectural style
for Web Services has been gaining in popularity due to the simplicity and
beauty of it...  It's really just web pages for computers... with the
addition of PUT and DELETE for updating and deleting resources.

Is HTTP PUT and DELETE on the radar for the developers?

- Jon

--
jon_carlson@writeme.com
AIM: joncrlsn

Cool site: http://www.bethinking.org
Cool quote: "Faith is not a way of knowing anything.  Faith is what you do
with what you know." - Bruce Little