jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Adamo, Vince" <Vince.Ad...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: jmx server sampler for jmeter
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:35:10 GMT
Thanks. We'll consider/investigate all suggestions.

Vince

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:32 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: jmx server sampler for jmeter

As you say, the Monitor Listener is aimed solely at Tomcat monitoring.

There is no JMX sampler at present.

You could use the BeanShell sampler to invoke the JMX code, but the
current JMeter design does not allow for arbitrary data to be
returned, so you would need to write the data to a file as well. If
you wish to tie the JMX measurements to a specific sampler, another
approach would be to use a BeanShell Listener as a child of the
sampler.

Or you could write your own JMX sampler - but there remains the
problem of integrating the response data items.

On 22/08/07, Adamo, Vince <Vince.Adamo@vignette.com> wrote:
> Well, not exactly...at least I don't believe so.  It appears the combination of Tomcat
status servlet and monitor listener provide very rudimentary status such as health, load,
memory utilization and thread utilization for a specific JVM running the Tomcat manager status
servlet.  I am interested in monitoring overall server CPU, disk, network and memory utilization
as well as a number of other custom JMX counters available from various web application servers
and custom web apps.  Will this mechanism work for any local or remote JMX Server?