jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alf H√łgemark <...@i100.no>
Subject Re: http post method
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:33:15 GMT
Yes, you should be able to use the HTTP Request sampler, and set method
to "Post", and have it send the content of a file.
Just leave the "Value for "name" attribute" empty.

Or you can take the whole XML and paste it into a row in the "http
arguments" table in HTTP Request Sampler, and just do not provide a
"name" for the row, then the content is sent as the POST body.
You might have to add a "HTTP Header Manager", to send a "content-type"
header with value "text/xml", I do not remember exactly how REST works.
Make sure to add a "View Results Tree", so you can easily debug what
request is sent, and what response is received.

Regards
Alf