jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Indraneel Chowdhury" <indraneel.chowdh...@globallogic.com>
Subject RE: Constant Number of Threads in a Stress Test
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:20:24 GMT
Sorry for not making myself clear. It's true that a Thread Group with 10
threads will never run more than 10 threads at once. But when the test
is running for a duration, say 20 minutes, at first the Thread Group
runs 10 threads. Then when one of these 10 users have finished running
(sent all the requests), it will run another set of 10 threads, right?
Or at least that is what we are seeing happen. So there are now 9 + 10 =
19 threads which are running.

Thanks
Indraneel

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 1:41 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Constant Number of Threads in a Stress Test

The number of threads (users) is controlled by the Thread Group, and
is independent of the number of loops, whether these are defined by
the Thread Group or nested Loop controllers.

A Thread Group with 10 threads (users) will never run more than 10
threads at once.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Con