jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Indraneel Chowdhury" <indraneel.chowdh...@globallogic.com>
Subject Fixed number of virtual users
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:51:30 GMT
Hi,

I want to stress test a web-application. I am running the test in a loop
for about an hour. The test is such that each virtual user logs in, goes
to a particular page, etc etc. and then logs out. However since more and
more virtual users log in as I'm running the test on a loop, there is a
tremendous build up of virtual users that are sending requests. I have
tried using a sync timer before the "logout" request. However if one of
the threads fail in the middle, the sync timer keeps on waiting for it
and the test completes with only one loop. I want to control the number
of threads such that there are always a fixed number of virtual users
who are sending requests to the server. Even if I can control it to the
point where I know that at any point of time, the number of virtual
users who are sending requests to the server are between X and Y, I'm
done. Is this somehow possible in JMeter? Would using a Constant
Throughput Controller help in any way?

Thanks
Indraneel