jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Toby Hobson <toby.hob...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Measuring total time for a thread group execution
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:29:04 GMT
Thanks Alf

----- Original Message ----
From: Alf H√łgemark <alf@i100.no>
To: JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 14 August, 2007 8:27:17 PM
Subject: Re: Measuring total time for a thread group execution

I think you should have a look at the Transaction Controller, and put
your samplers inside it.
Then use the Transaction Controller option which makes the transaction
controller return a sample that contains subsamples.
Then I think the transaction controller sample will turn up in your
listener, and it will contain the total time (sum) of all the
subsamples, i.e. "total time to load page".
That functionality is present in 2.3RC3, and the latest nightly builds.

Note that browsers often run several downloads (images, css etc) in
parallel threads, Jmeter does not do that, it executes one sample at a time.
Still you will get a useful kind of a "worst case scenario" time.

Alf