jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Submitting scripts to jmeter server
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:17:51 GMT
On 24/08/07, Pieter Ennes <lists@spam.ennes.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> We have a situation where our scripts are fairly short and need to
> start frequently, so that the expense of starting up a Java
> environment each time is very high compared to the actual script
> execution.

Can you not run the scripts in a loop, with suitable delays at the end
of the loop?

> Would there be any way to submit test scripts to a running jmeter
> server without using Java to do the actual submission?

Probably not, as JMeter uses RMI for client-server communication.

> Should I be looking into Beanshell?
> Or something like PHP/Java integration?
> (http://php.net/manual/en/ref.java.php)

Can't see how these would help.

==

The JMeter GUI allows one to run a script, load another file, and then run that.
In theory, this functionality could be added to non-GUI mode.

However you could design a mechanism to define the tests and the
timings, and would then need to do the necessary Java coding.