jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christen...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Can't adjust characters per second
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:39:38 GMT
Hi Sebb-

Is there a library that I need to load to get access to the
httpclient.socket.http.cps related methods?  If so, how would I do that?
If not, then why do I get a null pointer exception every time I enable
this feature with Jmeter 2.2 and 2.3?

Is the bandwidth constraint applied on a per thread basis, or across all
the threads cumulatively?

Thanks,

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Christensen, Alan
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:48 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Can't adjust characters per second

I tried using the characters/second setting in the jmeter.properties
file.  My recollection is that this only works with the commons HTTP
client.  Is that correct?

When I set cps to 10000 cps using the following statements in
jmeter.properties

httpclient.socket.http.cps=10000
httpclient.socket.https.cps=10000

then I get a null pointer exception for every http request that I make
using the HTTP Request HTTPClient sampler.
>From jmeter.log:
ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:72
0)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMe
thodDirector.java:386)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMetho
dDirector.java:170)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
96)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
24)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.sample(HTTPSampler2
.java:527)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:658)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:647)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The HTTP Request HTTPClient works fine when the lines above are
commented out.

I am running jmeter 2.1.  Is this bug fixed in 2.3?

I also have a question about when jmeter reads the jmeter.properties
file.  I am assuming that jmeter only reads this file when it is first
started.  Is this correct?

Thanks,

Alan