jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alf Høgemark <...@i100.no>
Subject Re: Can't adjust characters per second
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:35:47 GMT
Hi

I will try to answer your questions, but I have not used remote testing,
so I cannot guarantee that my answers are correct.

I think you will have to edit the jmeter properties file on each client
that is doing testing. I cannot see how the setting on the "Jmeter
server" machine would be "transported" to the remote hosts doing testing.

And I think that the constraint is applied per thread, because the
constraint is per http connection as far as I understand, and each
thread opens a separate http connection.

Alf

Christensen, Alan wrote:
> Hi Alf-
>
> Thanks for the response.  I will try this today with 2.3rc3.
>
> When running with remote hosts, how does the reading of jmeter.properties work?  Does
the jmeter.properties from my local system get used to configure the remote host, i.e., can
I just have httpclient.socket.http.cps=10000 in the jmeter.properties file on my local machine
and have it take effect on the remote hosts that I am using to run the test?  Or will I need
to change each of their jmeter.properties files as well?

> Do you know if the constraint is applied on a per thread basis or as a cumulative value
across all threads?

> Alan

httpclient.socket.https.cps=10000

> in my jmeter.properties file.
>
> So if you think the problem exists in 2.3rc3, please open a bug report, and provide enough
details to reproduce the problem.

> Regards
> Alf Hogemark
>
> Alf Høgemark wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> This sounds like a bug in JMeter, you should not get a nullpointer
>> exception.
>>
>> I suggest you report the bug using bugzilla for JMeter.
>> Please include a step by step description of how to reproduce the
>> problem, it makes it easier to reproduce, fix and verify the fix for us.
>> It would be nice if you could include the stack trace for 2.3rc, since
>> that is where it is most likely we will fix the problem.
>>
>> The jmeter.properties file is only read on startup of JMeter.
>>
>> Regards
>> Alf Hogemark
>>

>> Christensen, Alan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sebb-
>>>
>>> Is there a library that I need to load to get access to the
>>> httpclient.socket.http.cps related methods?  If so, how would I do that?
>>> If not, then why do I get a null pointer exception every time I
>>> enable this feature with Jmeter 2.2 and 2.3?
>>>
>>> Is the bandwidth constraint applied on a per thread basis, or across
>>> all the threads cumulatively?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Alan

>>> at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(Htt
>>> pMe
>>> thodDirector.java:386)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMe
>>> tho
>>> dDirector.java:170)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.jav
>>> a:3
>>> 96)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.jav
>>> a:3
>>> 24)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.sample(HTTPSampl
>>> er2
>>> .java:527)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSa
>>> mpl
>>> erBase.java:658)