jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Harrison Curtis" <hcur...@xaware.com>
Subject Thread Group never quits
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 20:08:12 GMT
I'm running JMeter 2.2, and it is working for us to load test our
server.  I have what appears to be a silly question, but it proves I do
not understand the Thread Group constraints.  If I set the thread count,
ramp up, and count to 1 then the Thread Group executes once as expected.
However, if I have the Thread Group with (5 threads), (100 ramp up), and
(1000 set for the Loop Count, the forever check box is not checked) it
seems to run forever.   For example I ran a test well past 10,000
iterations before I requested the test to stop.  The JMeter GUI will
stop the test when the Run|Stop menu item is selected.

What don't I understand about the Thread Group constraints?  Why did the
tests proceed beyond at max 1,000 (or 5,000 if it is per thread)?  Can
someone explain the settings of the Thread Group?

Regards,
Bud Curtis
(719)884-5443